While not technically a subject I would normally write about, I had the opportunity to use Overplay.net's SmartDNS technology over the past few months.  As a company that regularly works with clients overseas and occasionally travels out of the country, I wanted the ability to access various sites with 'local' DNS settings.  For instance, I went to London and Scotland in September of 2013.  Using SmartDNS technology, I could still access my USA selection of Netflix via a setting in my account profile.

Today I came across a Drupal 7 site that had originally been installed with the CiviCRM Starter Kit installation profile but had never used, nor was planning to use, the CRM capacity in the future.  The site was having some random outages when a user would try to save or update a node.  Having worked with CiviCRM and Drupal previously, I have seen cases where either there just wasn't enough memory, or CiviCRM hadn't been installed correctly which may have been the underlying issue here.  Seeing that the site did not need the features of CiviCRM, I decided a simple solution would be to unins